THE THOMAS MERTON CENTER
• Supports the uniqueness, wholeness, dignity and freedoms of all people
• Enthusiastically advocates for the rights of all people as they may fully participate and contribute to the pursuit of peace,
social and environmental justice.
• Views all human beings as having equal and unconditional value.
• Supports the pursuit of peace and justice in a nonviolent manner.
• Engages in peaceful and nonviolent demonstrations.
• Emphasizes cooperation in getting things done through peaceful and nonviolent acts.
• Proactively supports and advocates that prisoners are entitled to basic human rights and humane treatment.
• Educates others about economic justice and labor solidarity.
• Takes every opportunity to educate and advocate for the basic civil rights of all people.
• Proactively addresses oppression in its many forms.
• Advocates for the right to educate others for the basic civil rights of people.