Before submitting an article, please read the guidelines carefully:
The New People is interested in receiving articles that relate to the mission of the Thomas Merton Center, which works to build a consciousness of values and to raise the moral questions involved in the issues of war, poverty, racism, classism, economic justice, human rights, and environmental justice. We give priority to articles that deal with the four part focus of the Thomas Merton Center: environmental justice, economic justice, human rights, and anti-war efforts.
1) By submitting an article online you are giving the New People editorial collective permission to edit and publish your article.
2) The deadline for submission is the 13th of the month for consideration for the following month. Articles received past deadline may not appear in the next month’s issue.
3) We do not accept articles from third source parties, you can only submit an article on behalf of yourself.
4) Please completely fill in all fields to submit the article.
5) Opinion pieces should be marked as “Type of Article: Opinion.”
6) Factual information should list the original source. Facts also must be accurate; we don’t have the staff to do thorough fact checking.
7) Quotes should be attributed and accurate.
8) Please name the source for photos, so the photographer can be credited.
9) The collective will only consider two articles from each author in any one issue.
10) Articles over 750 words in length will be returned to the author to edit down.
11) We welcome submissions, and we do read and consider each one, but, because we are small in number, we are unable to respond individually. We appreciate your consideration of The New People.
12) Anyone can join the editorial collective. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.