By Paul Milanowski
Blessed are you peacemakers,
– Who say no to war as a means to peace.
– Who are committed to disarm weapons of mass destruction.
– Who wage peace at heroic personal cost.
– Challenge and confront judges, courts, and prisons.
– Who help those who are hurting.
– Who befriend perfect strangers.
– Who open doors for acting justly, loving tenderly and walking humbly with God and all people of good will.
– Who welcome, encourage, and inspire.
– Who offer hope and healing.
– Who care and comfort.
– Who help find answers.
– Who provide stability not insanity.
– Who help restore faith and love.
– Who delight in creation, art, and creativity.
– Who see the good in others.
– Who never give up
– Who give and give and give.
Blessed are you peacemakers, who suffer injustice and imprisonment for your direct, nonviolent acts of civil disobedience.
[Beatitides of respect and admiration for the Plowshares peaceful witness and protest of the Grand Rapids Marywood Dominicans: Sr. Carol Gilbert, OP, Sr. Jackie Hudson, OP, and Sr. Ardith Platte, OP.]
Paul Milanowski is a member of the Association of U.S. Catholic Priests.
NewPeople Newspaper VOL. 50 No. 3. April, 2020. All rights reserved.