The New People is interested in receiving articles that relate to the mission of the Thomas Merton Center, which works to build a consciousness of values and to raise the moral questions involved in the issues of war, poverty, racism, classism, economic justice, human rights, and environmental justice. We give priority to articles that deal with the four part focus of the Thomas Merton Center: environmental justice, economic justice, human rights, and anti-war efforts.
PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING:
- By submitting an article online you are giving the New People editorial collective permission to edit and publish your article.
- The deadline for submission is the 13th of the month for consideration for the following month. Articles received past deadline may not appear in the next month’s issue.
- We do not accept articles from third source parties, you can only submit an article on behalf of yourself.
- By submitting an article online, you are giving TMC permission to publish it.
- We reserve the right to edit your work and/or suggest revisions.
- The collective will only consider two articles from each author in any one issue.
- Articles over 750 words in length will be returned to the author to edit down.
- We do not encourage simultaneous submissions and ask that you please wait six months before submitting elsewhere. If you don’t hear back from us in that time, we most likely have declined from publishing your work and you may submit elsewhere.
- Please fill in all fields when submitting. If a mailing address is provided, a hard copy of the NewPeople will be mailed to the author.